1008 21st Avenue
The Stillman House at 1008 21st Avenue was built around 1870. Dr. Charles Allen Stillman purchased this house for Stillman College (then Stillman Institute) in 1881. The college remained at this location until 1897 serving as a training site for African-American Presbyterian ministers from all over the South. One hundred years later in 1981, the Stillman House was restored to reflect its original vernacular Victorian cottage architecture with Eastlake detailing. In 1982, the City of Tuscaloosa deeded it to the National Alumni Association of Stillman College, Incorporated. In 2011 the National Alumni Association completed a second restoration. The Stillman House is the oldest existing historic building representing the college's early development.
This property is maintained by the National Alumni Association of Stillman College, Inc.