Shirley Place


512 Main Avenue, Northport

This brick, raised cottage in downtown Northport was built in about 1840 by James Shirley, an early settler from South Carolina. The house later passed to the Christian family through James Shirley’s sister, and is still maintained as a private residence. Many of the original doors, locks, and fireplaces are still in use.

For information, please contact Northport City Administrator Scott Collins at 205-339-7000 ext 231.








Previous page: The Battle-Friedman House and Gardens
Next page: Northport Train Depot