- Homeowners who have renovated historically significant houses, both modest and grand
- Business men and women who have modernized landmark commercial properties in historically sensitive ways
- Civic and neighborhood leaders who have helped lead the way in protecting our historic neighborhoods with enlightening zoning and covenant restrictions
- News media representatives who have stepped forward to educate the public in the extraordinary benefits of historic preservation to the quality of all our lives
Also consider in your nominations individuals deserving of consideration for Preservationist of the Year, Educator of the Year, and Volunteer of the Year.
Please help us honor these valuable members of our community by completing the Nomination Form and mailing it to TCPS, Awards Banquet Nomination, P.O. Box 1665, Tuscaloosa AL 35403.
*If you would like to submit more than one nomination, please make a copy of the form. All nominations must be made on the approved form.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, September 12th.
Tuscaloosa Belles Heritage 5K Costume Run - Saturday, October 4th.
Proceeds from the 5K support the Tuscaloosa Belles program and Scholarship Fund. Donations are greatly appreciated!
Race Date – Saturday, October 4th
5K Race – 8:00 am (for serious runners)
5K Costume Run/Walk – 8:30 am
August 31 – September 16 - $30.00 (t-shirt included)
September 17 – October 4 - $35.00 (no t-shirt)
Entry form with waiver and payment can be picked up/dropped off at Wagner’s RunWalk in Midtown or at the Tuscaloosa County Preservation Society office (Jemison-Van de Graaff Mansion, 1305 Greensboro Avenue) or mailed to the Society at P.O. Box 1665, Tuscaloosa, AL 35403.
Sundown Lecture Series* - Thursday, October 9th, 5:15 - 6:30, "Native American Alabama and Tuscaloosa"
* Location of the Sundown Lecture Series to be announced monthly. Lectures will occur at the Battle-Friedman House or the Jemison-Van de Graaff Mansion.