Sundown Lecture Series* - Thursday, August 14th, 5:15 - 6:30, "Johnny Mack Brown" presented by Mr. Ken Gaddy, Director of the Paul W. Bryant Museum; Jemison-Van de Graaff Mansion, 1305 Greensboro Avenue
Annual Meeting - Thursday, August 21st, 5:30; Jemison-Van de Graaff Mansion. All members of the Preservation Society are encouraged to attend.
Sundown Lecture Series* - Thursday, September 11th, 5:15 - 6:30, "How To: Tuscaloosa Antique Road Show"
It is, once again, time for the Preservation Society’s Annual Awards Banquet and we need your nominations! Each year the Preservation Society honors the best efforts of Tuscaloosa County’s leading preservationists:
- Homeowners who have renovated historically significant houses, both modest and grand
- Business men and women who have modernized landmark commercial properties in historically sensitive ways
- Civic and neighborhood leaders who have helped lead the way in protecting our historic neighborhoods with enlightening zoning and covenant restrictions
- News media representatives who have stepped forward to educate the public in the extraordinary benefits of historic preservation to the quality of all our lives
Also consider in your nominations individuals deserving of consideration for Preservationist of the Year, Educator of the Year, and Volunteer of the Year.
Please help us honor these valuable members of our community by completing the Nomination Form and mailing it to TCPS, Awards Banquet Nomination, P.O. Box 1665, Tuscaloosa AL 35403.
*If you would like to submit more than one nomination, please make a copy of the form. All nominations must be made on the approved form.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, September 12th.
Sundown Lecture Series* - Thursday, October 9th, 5:15 - 6:30, "Native American Alabama and Tuscaloosa"
* Location of the Sundown Lecture Series to be announced monthly. Lectures will occur at the Battle-Friedman House or the Jemison-Van de Graaff Mansion.