Christ Episcopal Church
Christ Episcopal congregation was organized on January 7, 1828 and is the second oldest Episcopal Church in Alabama. William Nichols, State Architect, was probably the architect of the original classic structure. The Rev. Alva Woods was installed in Christ Church as the first President of The University of Alabama on April 12, 1831. The church was enlarged and remodeled with Gothic features in 1889 and has subsequently under gone many changes and additions.