This park was the site of the Alabama Capitol when Tuscaloosa was the seat of state government from 1826-1846. In 1847 the capitol was moved to Montgomery, and the building became the home of the Alabama Central Female College. A visible reminder of the old capitol building that burned in 1923 is the stone foundation and two small columns.
For rental information, contact PARA at (205) 562 - 3220 or visit their website www.tcpara.org.
Previous page: Queen City Pool
Next page: Christ Episcopal Church